You can download my resume in PDF:
Research Center on Mediations (CREM), University of Lorraine
Center for Analysis and Interdisciplinary Research on Media (CARISM), French Press Institute, Panthéon-Assas University
French Institute for Research in Computer Science and Automation
Postdoctoral fellow (2013-2014)
French Press Institute, Panthéon-Assas University
Teaching fellow (2011-2013)
Orange Labs, Research & Development Department
Industrial Convention of Formation by Research (CIFRE) between Orange and CARISM (2007-2010)
French Press Institute, Panthéon-Assas University
Ph. D., Media and Communication Studies, December 2011. Dissertation title: “Online advertising on traditional news organisations websites. Market construction, operating logics and evolving dynamics”. Advisors: Nathalie Sonnac, Kevin Mellet, Josiane Jouët, Franck Rebillard, Dominique Augey, Philippe Bouquillon.
French Press Institute
Master’s Degree in Media and Communication Studies (with distinction)
Thesis Prize of Panthéon-Assas University in Social Sciences
Ouakrat, A. 2015. “From Smartphone Uses to Rhythms of Life: The Informal Temporal Norms of Practices of a Student Population”, Questions de communication, N°27, Vol. 1, september, pp.301-321.
Ouakrat, A. 2012. “Behavioral Targeting, A Loss of Editors Control on audience data”, Tic&Société, N°6, Vol. 1.
Ouakrat, A., J.S. Beuscart and K. Mellet. 2010. “The Advertising Departments of the Online Press”, Réseaux, N°160-161, Vol. 2-3, January-March, pp.133-161.
Other journals and shorter pieces
Ouakrat, A. (2015). “A Sociotechnical Analysis of a Particular Type of Uses of the Bitcoin: the crypto-market SilkRoad”, Revue Banque & Droit, N°159, January-February, pp.14-17
Ouakrat, A. (2014). “A justified distrust of automated data collection on smartphones? The social acceptability of digital methods to study the uses of digital connected technologies”, 16th Conference Proceedings of CREIS-Terminal, Nantes, 3-4 April, 9p.
Ouakrat, A. (2012). “The concept of business models: defining elements and state of the art” in Benghozi P.J. (directed by), Digital Cultural Contents and Innovative Business Models, Minister of Culture and Communication, Seminar Proceedings Digital Contents and Innovative Business Models, GIS Culture & Numérique, October, pp.111-117
Ouakrat, A. (2009). “Innovation in online news access and distribution”, The Summer School Student Abstracts, in Carpentier Nico, Pille Pruulmann-Vengerfeldt, Richard Kilborn, Tobias Olsson, Hannu Nieminen, Ebba Sundin, Kaarle Nordenstreng (eds.), Communicative approaches to politics and ethics in Europe. The intellectual work of the 2009 ECREA European Media and Communication Doctoral School, Tartu University Press, p.358.
Ouakrat, A. (2013), “Online News Consumption: A Quantitative Framing”, in Joüet J. and R. Rieffel (directed by), S’informer à l’ère numérique, Presses Universitaires de Rennes, p.159-192
- “Attention to audience metrics in web newsrooms”, One-day symposium, CARISM, “On demand Journalism”, October 22th, French Press Institute, Panthéon-Assas University.
- “Smartphones to study the rhythms of life? An interdisciplinary and exploratory survey of networked computers uses in daily life”, International Association of French Language Sociologists (AISLF), 13th International Symposium, Lille, March 26-27th.
- “Is the automated data collection easy? Thoughts on the design of an interdisciplinary study into the uses of mobile connected devices”, 5th Congress of French Sociologists Association, RT20 Methods, September 5, Nantes.
- “Innovations in online news access and distribution”, European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA), Summer School, Tartu, Estonia.
University Institute of Technology of Lannion
Digital Media Economics (undergraduate level) (2015)
SciencesCom (Audencia Group)
Business Models of Digital and Media Economics (graduate level) (2013-2014)
The French Press Institute
Media Economics (undergraduate level) (2011-2013)
Online Information Retrieval (undergraduate level) (2011-2013)
Globalization of Entertainment Industries (graduate level) (2011-2013)
Media and International Relations (graduate level) (2011-2013)
- September 2015-July 2016: Post-doctoral student on the research project: “Circulation and Sharing of News on Social Networks”, funded by the French National Research Agency.
- January 2013-August 2014: Post-doctoral student on the research project: “Cultural Practices and the Usage of Connected Technologies” (PRACTIC), study of the uses of mobile internet at the French Institute for Research in Computer Science and Automation (INRIA).
- March-July 2012. Quantitative analysis of audience ratings data about Internet and mobile news consumption on the research project “News and citizenship in the digital age”.
- January 2012-April 2013: Design and writing of Seminar reports: “Cultural and Internet organizations: Digital content and innovative business models” organized at the Ministère de la Culture et de la Communication, under the scientific supervision of Pierre-Jean Benghozi, GIS Culture & Numérique.
Professional service and associations
- Member of the organizing committee for the conference “On-Demand Journalism” (Paris, October 22th 2015)
- Reviewer English and French communication proposals, section “Technologies and Emerging Media” of the Canadian Communication Association (ACC) Symposium, June 3-5, 2015, Ottawa University (Canada). http://congress2015.ca/
- Member of the French Sociologists Association
- Design and implementation of the survey PRACTIC at the INRIA, in close collaboration with two computer science engineers and a teaching assistant in Communication Sciences.
- Statistical work on the evolution of funding of the Scènes Nationales per region, as part of debates on the issue of living arts, cultural decentralization and democratization for the 2007 National French Elections.
Languages and computer programming
French, native speaker.
Statistics and programming: SPSS, WordPress, PHP, Google Analytics.